Facts and Figures
Honors and awards
- 2011: "Place in the Country of Ideas" (Incubator)
- 2010: International Sustainable Campus Excellence Award
- 2010: The energy efficient central building planned by Daniel Libeskind is selected for presentation at the German Pavilion at Shanghai World Expo 2010.
- 2010: Leuphana College wins the “Bologna – the Future of Teaching“ competition funded by the Volkswagen Foundation and the Mercator Foundation in recognition of its bachelor’s study model.
- 2010: The installation of CO2 traffic lights in seminar and conference rooms is honored as a “Place in the Country of Ideas.”
- 2009: The planned central building designed by Daniel Libeskind wins the “Architecture with Energy“ design competition of the German Ministry for Economics and Technology in recognition of its sustainable energy concept.
- 2009: The Lunatic Festival, a sustainable and environmentally friendly music festival, is honored as a “Place in the Country of Ideas.“
- 2009: The Leuphana Summer Academy, which supports secondary general school students, is honored as “Place in the Country of Ideas.”
- 2008: The “KUNTIKUM – Vacation in Climate Change” project is honored as a “Place in the Country of Ideas.”
- 2007: The University wins the “Profile and Cooperation – Strategies for Excellence for Small and Medium-sized Universities” competition of the Stifterverband für die deutsche Wissenschaft (German Science Foundation) and the Heinz Nixdorf Foundation for its development strategy.