Research and Science at Leuphana University
Leuphana University perceives itself as playing an active role in designing changes in society. This understanding greatly influences the research culture at the Lüneburg facility. It supports a globally geared research approach with international and inter-disciplinary cooperation and encourages young academics to take the first steps in their research career. Research culture at Leuphana encourages to build bridges between research and society and supports young scientists in taking their first career steps.
consists of four science initatives which act as an umbrella for the numerous initiatives and projects of our researchers. Leuphana’s pursuit of knowledge and excellence in research is focused on central issues of civil society. Our staff explore novel trans- and interdisciplinary approaches in their studies.
The research data base is a window to the variety of projects, publications and interests of our researchers. Use the search option for area of expertise to find a subject specific overview.
There are a variety of ways in which the University supports new entrants to the world of research. You benefit from a well structured PhD programme of studies going hand in hand with your individual dissertation. Mentoring helps with career orientation.
The Leuphana Programme for the Advancement of Research Culture offers workshops and exchange of experience on how to publish scientific reserach, methods and/or aquisition of third party funding. Tailor made activities in the host model.
Corporations and organisations can specifically develop ideas further and transpose an innovation into practice through cooperation with Leuphana University. The Innovations-Incubator Lüneburg‘s R&D projects give strong impulse to the knowledge transfer within the region.
Getting started for
Researchers at Leuphana (incl. post-docs)
- What funding is available?
- What training and continuing education opportunities are there for me?
- Who assists and advises me at Leuphana?
- What jobs are available after my contract ends at Leuphana?
Leuphana as an employer
Visiting scholars from abroad
I'm looking for opportunities for a doctoral degree
- Who researches what at Leuphana?
- I'm looking for a supervisor for my doctoral studies
- Admission requirements for doctoral studies
- What funding is available? What scholarships?
- Who will assist and advise me?
- Testimonials by other doctoral students
I am already completing a doctoral degree
- The doctoral degree program at Leuphana Graduate School
- What funding opportunities does Leuphana offer doctoral students?
- Research Assistants' Council (Wimirat), ombudspersons representing the interests of doctoral students
- What does "good scientific practice" mean?
- Organizing courses with MyStudy
- Moving to Lüneburg
- Familiarizing yourself with the City of Lüneburg
I have already completed my doctoral studies
As Assistant Professor:
- If you are looking for a specific expert or experts, please contact our Media and Public Relations Office.
- What research cooperation arrangements with Leuphana are available to my company? How can my company promote or benefit from the University?
- You will find a selection of research collaborations in the Knowledge Transfer area
Government offices and ministries
- What are the University's research priorities?
- Personnel and third-party funding data
- Offerings on specific topics
- The latest news from the Media and Public Relations Office
- What does "good scientific practice" mean at Leuphana?
- The organizational structure of the University
- Overview of all projects with third-party funding
- What regional partners does Leuphana have through the Incubator?
- Friends and donors
- Personnel and third-party funding data
- Who provides information on research funding and research reporting?
- Questions about cooperation arrangements and business contacts
- What about financial support for young researchers?
- Good scientific practice, open access and Ethical Review Board
- Searching for and finding research activities