What basic regulations do I have to take into account on campus?

In the winter semester 2021/22, we will be working in the so-called 3G mode. From October 11, all employees and also all lecturers are therefore obliged to be able to provide proof of 3G in the form of an official declaration when they are present within university buildings. At the top of this page you will find a corresponding form. This is to be filled out and signed by you. You must always carry the original with you when you are inside the Leuphana buildings.

Why do I have to fill out an official declaration? Can I also show my digital vaccination card instead?

With the on-duty declaration, we avoid that the university as employer or supervisor obtains individual knowledge of the vaccination, recovery or testing status of employees - rather, a formalized self-declaration that there is a status as vaccinated, recovered or tested is sufficient without revealing the specific status.

On what occasions should the in-service statement be presented?

As a general rule, all University members may request that participants provide 3G proof in the form of an on-duty statement beginning October 11, for example, prior to the start of meetings and gatherings. In the interest of community safety and protection against infection, we would like to ask you to make active use of this as a matter of course. Then, in just a few weeks, showing the service declaration will be as common as saying "good morning":

What options do I have to prove my 3G status through a test?

TEST EVIDENCE THROUGH TEST CENTER: All non-vaccinated and non-recovering employees and faculty can provide the required daily test through test evidence confirmed by a test center. The testing center operated by the DRK, currently located in the cafeteria of the Central Building, continues to be available on the Leuphana campus.

In addition to the previous regulations, the Presidential Board has decided to cover the costs of rapid tests in the Corona test station in the central building of the University individually for a period of up to eight weeks after the date of the first vaccination for employees who are waiting for the required second vaccination after their first Corona vaccination or who have to bridge the time after the second vaccination until they have achieved full vaccination protection.

Employees who would like to take advantage of this offer should ask their responsible administrator in the Personnel Service to confirm their status as an employee of the University in writing. Please present the confirmation and your vaccination certificate, which confirms the initial vaccination, at the testing station.

Unfortunately, the University cannot cover the costs of the test for non-vaccinated persons.

TEST PROOF THROUGH COLLEGALLY SUPERVISED SELF-TEST: As an alternative to testing through a testing center, non-vaccinated and non-healed employees and faculty can provide the necessary daily updated test through a self-test supervised and confirmed by colleagues at Leuphana. For non-vaccinated and non-recovered colleagues, 5 free tests are provided. Supervision of the self-tests can be done by all full-time colleagues employed at the university and, if required, also by the representatives subject to a special protection of confidence (Staff Council, Equal Opportunity Office, Confidential Representative for Severely Disabled Persons). Please note:

  • Please keep the confirmation of a collegially supervised and confirmed self-test for three weeks in case of a necessary follow-up of infection chains.
  • Time spent performing the test is considered working time for the supervising person, but not working time for the person being tested.
  • The template for confirming a collegially supervised self-test can be found at the top of this page.

As a student assistant, am I also obliged to carry a service declaration with me?

Student assistants are also employees of the university and are therefore obliged to fill in a service declaration and carry it with them when they work within Leuphana's buildings.

Are meetings possible again?

In principle, it is possible to hold meetings and get-togethers again. The prerequisite is that all participants have 3G proof in the form of an official statement. Visitors to the university can prove their 3G status with a valid vaccination, convalescent or test certificate.

When and where do masks still have to be worn?

In all university buildings there is still a general obligation to wear a medical or FFP2 mask. Masks may be removed at the workplace or at a seat, provided a minimum distance of 1.5 meters can be maintained.

The President's Office also urges all university members to comply with the state government's ordinances, the federal government's SARS-CoV-2 occupational health and safety ordinance, ordinances of the Lüneburg County, and recommendations of the Robert Koch Institute.

The Corona Ordinance of the state government can be found here.

Leuphana's general guideline for the protection of members and guests of Leuphana against SARS-Cov-2 infections and for the control of the pandemic ("Hygiene Guideline") can be found here. In addition, a specific hygiene guideline for teaching events applies.

Does the university have a hygiene policy?

Yes. A hygiene guideline defines general distance and hygiene regulations for all personal contacts. In addition, a specific hygiene guideline applies to teaching events.

Does the university provide respirators for employees?

Yes, the University provides respirators to all employees as needed. Please contact Antje Dietrich or Jörg Seeba (arbeitssicherheit@leuphana.de).

Does the university provide self-tests for employees?

All vaccinated or recovering employees and adjunct faculty may continue to receive up to two self-tests per week from the University. The Office of the President asks all University employees to take advantage of this opportunity for self-testing to continue to detect infections as early as possible, especially in individuals without symptoms of illness.
Self-tests can still be requested from the Occupational Health and Safety Department via the management of your department or institution at coronatest@leuphana.de.

Do masks also have to be worn in seminar and lecture rooms?

As soon as participants have reached their seats, they can remove their masks. However, if you cannot maintain the distance of 1.5 meters from other persons - even for a short time - you are required to wear a respirator mask even inside seminar rooms.

Are there disinfection dispensers? If so, where are they set up? 

Yes, near the main entrances in the buildings. Since the alcohol-based agents are flammable, they cannot be provided in stairwells.

Are workstations disinfected by students or others after each occupancy? Who takes care of cleaning commonly used surfaces?

In principle, infection is possible via inanimate surfaces, but according to the information currently available, this transmission route is of secondary importance. Damp cleaning with fat-dissolving agents is sufficient to eliminate viruses. Surface disinfection is not recommended outside medical areas. Student workplaces are cleaned once a day by the cleaning service. Cleaning cloths are available for interim cleaning by users in Building 10, East Entrance (opposite the time registration desk).

Can I get disinfectant dispensers for my department/office?

Generally not. The express recommendation of the Health Department and the Occupational Health Physician is to wash hands. Disinfectant dispensers are positioned at the main building entrances to relieve wash facilities.

Will permanent ventilation be required in the rooms or do the seminar rooms have appropriate ventilation systems?

CO2 traffic lights are installed in many event rooms without ventilation systems. When the 1st yellow diode of the CO2 traffic light lights up, the room should be intermittently ventilated for 3 to 10 minutes. Rooms without a ventilation system and CO2 traffic light should be ventilated every 20 min or according to the calculated interval (e.g. with www.bgn.de/lueftungsrechner/). If rooms are equipped with ventilation systems, these systems are switched on by the building management system via a time program; window ventilation and CO2 traffic lights are not required in this case. The ventilation systems are operated with 100% outside air, virus-retaining filters are therefore also not required.

Do the same distance and hygiene regulations apply to the teaching events as to the examinations?

The distance and hygiene regulations apply to all personal contacts according to the hygiene guideline. In addition, the hygiene guideline applies to teaching events.

How many people are allowed to be in a room together? Which guideline values apply?

In principle, the minimum distance of 1.5 m between persons (approx. 2.0 m from center of seat to center of seat) must be observed. In addition, the ventilation situation is important. The event rooms are furnished accordingly and marked in the case of fixed seating. 

Where can I find further information?

The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) continuously records the situation, assesses the risk for the population in Germany and answers questions at www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/nCoV_node.

For important hygiene measures, the Federal Center for Health Education (BZgA) offers leaflets in German and English for downloading and printing in DIN A4 and DIN A3 format: www.bzga.de and www.infektionsschutz.de/mediathek/infografiken, respectively.

Current information on regulations for Lower Saxony can be found on the pages of the Lower Saxony Ministry for Social Affairs, Health and Equality (MSGG): www.niedersachsen.de/Coronavirus.

The Lower Saxony State Health Office also maintains a telephone hotline for questions about coronavirus at 0511-4505555 (Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., and Friday from 8 a.m. to noon).


As a general rule, please do not come to campus,

  1. If you have Covid-19 or are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, respiratory illness or flu unless you have been cleared by a doctor,
  2. if you have tested positive for coronavirus with a SARS-CoV PCR test or if you have tested positive for coronavirus with a SARS-CoV-2 PoC antigen rapid or self-test and the result has not been refuted by a PCR test,
  3. if you have had direct contact with a confirmed infected person in the last 14 days, unless you have been vaccinated or have recovered, or unless the public health department has determined this contact to be safe,
  4. if you are obliged to isolate yourself after entry according to the provisions of the Coronavirus Entry Ordinance,
  5. if you have received a quarantine order from the health authority.

I have tested positive for Corona. What should I do and who should I inform?

If you have tested positive for coronavirus, please do not come to the University until the result has been refuted by a PCR test. Please follow the instructions of the Health Department and inform the University via cv-kontaktnachverfolgung@leuphana.de.

Please call in sick to the Personnel Service (Dagmar Rüther, dagmar.ruether@leuphana.de, part -1029) and inform your supervisor. The general service and labour law regulations apply to the continued payment of your remuneration in the event of illness.

I have had contact with a person who has tested positive within the last 14 days? What should I do?

If you have had direct contact with a confirmed infected person in the last 14 days, and unless you have been vaccinated or have recovered, or until the Health Department has determined this contact to be safe, please do not come to the University. Please contact your local health authority and follow their instructions.

Please inform your superior and make use of the possibilities to work from home in consultation with your superior. Please also inform the occupational safety department about cv-kontaktnachverfolgung@leuphana.de.

What should I bear in mind when taking leave?

Please refer to the information provided by HR Services regarding vacation.

What should I do if I have been in a risk area abroad in the last 10 days?

If you have been abroad in a risk area designated by the RKI in the past 10 days, please follow the regulations of the Lower Saxony Quarantine Ordinance. Basically, you are obliged to go into quarantine for a period of 10 days after entering the country from a risk area and to inform the competent authority about your entry. There are exceptions to the quarantine obligation under certain conditions, for example for weekend commuters after short business trips and when taking up work; in the case of negative Corona tests, reductions are possible. Please check whether exemptions apply due to your personal situation. Certificates according to § 1 para. 6 no. 2.b) - entry with residence in a risk area - or § 1 para. 7 no. 4 - professional stay in a risk area - will be issued by your* superior. Please enter your personal data for such a certificate in this form, confirm the information on your residence if necessary and submit it to your superior.

For notifications according to § 1 para. 8 no. 3, please contact the Occupational Safety Department (Jörg Seeba or Antje Dietrich: arbeitssicherheit@leuphana.de).

In the event of a quarantine obligation, please inform your supervisor and, in consultation with your supervisor, make use of the options for working in a home office. In addition, please be sure to inform the Occupational Safety department (Jörg Seeba or Antje Dietrich: arbeitssicherheit@leuphana.de).

What should I do if I have been in a risk area in Germany in the last 10 days?

If you have stayed in a risk area inland in the past 10 days, please check the regulations of the Lower Saxony Corona Ordinance or the Lower Saxony Quarantine Ordinance.

Insofar as the Lower Saxony Corona Ordinance and the Lower Saxony Quarantine Ordinance do not make any specific stipulations, please decide responsibly and in consultation with your* supervisor, based on your own behavior during your stay in the risk area, whether you will come to the office or take advantage of opportunities to work at home.

I feel sick. Can I come into the office?

If you develop symptoms of a cold or flu, please stay home and do not come to the university. Please check with your primary care physician to see if you should be tested for coronavirus infection.

If possible, please work from your home office if you are able to work or call in sick to your supervisors and Human Resources (Dagmar Rüther, dagmar.ruether@leuphana.de, Tel -1029) if you are unable to work.

The previous regulations regarding proof of illness by forwarding the certificate of incapacity for work from the 4th calendar day apply.

I have been sent into quarantine. What do I have to do now?

A quarantine order is issued by the local health department. If you or members of your household receive one,

please follow the health department's instructions and do not come to the university. If you are not ill and quarantine has only been ordered by the authorities as a precautionary measure, please work in your home office if possible in consultation with your supervisor.
Please forward a copy of the order from the Health Office to the Personnel Service or Professorship Service (Dagmar Rüther, dagmar.ruether@leuphana.de, Tel -1029).
Please also inform the Occupational Safety Department (Jörg Seeba or Antrje Dietrich, arbeitssicherheit@leuphana.de) and your supervisor.
Your salary or remuneration will continue to be paid to you by your employer for a maximum of six weeks in accordance with Section 56 (5) of the German Law on the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (IfSG). For this purpose, the submission of an official order of quarantine is necessary so that the claims can be checked and implemented.

From 01.11.2021, on the basis of § 56 para. 1 sentence 4 IfSG and the public recommendation of vaccination against COVID-19, it should be noted that for contact persons and travel returnees from risk areas who cannot prove complete vaccination protection and are in quarantine, in individual cases no compensation benefits can be claimed under § 56 para. 5 IfSG (compensation for loss of earnings). For more information, please visit https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/coronavirus/informationen-arbeitnehmerselbstaendige.html

How is communication and information provided at the university if other employees have contracted the Corona virus? 

Generally, the Health Office is responsible for contact tracing. Potential contacts will be notified by the Health Office.

Where can I find further information?

Current information on regulations for Lower Saxony can be found on the pages of the Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality (MSGG): www.niedersachsen.de/Coronavirus.

Here you will find a link to the Infection Protection Act (IfSG), the current Corona Ordinance and the Quarantine Ordinance for Lower Saxony.

The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) continuously records the situation, estimates the risk for the population in Germany and answers questions at www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/nCoV_node.

The Lower Saxony State Health Office maintains a telephone hotline for questions about the coronavirus at 0511-4505555 (Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to noon).

The German Foreign Office provides up-to-date information for travelers at www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/ReiseUndSicherheit.


Even if working in presence is basically possible again and also desired: What options do I have to continue to work partially in the home office?

The Presidential Board continues to encourage all employees of the university - and in particular those colleagues who have already been vaccinated and have recovered - to return to full presence on campus as far as possible. At the same time, the development of the pandemic continues to cause concern. The Executive Board has therefore decided to extend the service agreement on workplace alternatives, which is currently still in effect due to the pandemic, initially until December 31, 2021. This means that all University employees, with the approval of their supervisors, may continue to work from home as work requirements allow. It is anticipated that as of January 1, 2022, the place of work will then generally return to regular presence at the University. A new service agreement will then apply to mobile working and teleworking, which will continue to allow flexibility.

The currently valid employment/service regulations for Leuphana employees can be found here.

Can I withdraw my leave?

Requested leave can be withdrawn informally. The condition is a prior agreement with the respective supervisor. Vacation days not taken will be credited back to you.

Can I go on a business trip again?

Due to the general improvement in the infection situation, the German Foreign Office has issued differentiated travel and safety advisories and travel warnings for individual countries. This replaces the blanket travel warning for non-European countries.

Accordingly, business trips to European and non-European countries are generally easier again. However, the Executive Board asks that individual risk assessments be carried out and that, where possible, business trips only be undertaken if they are absolutely necessary or if full vaccination protection is available. Furthermore, it is not advisable to undertake business trips to countries for which entry is only possible to a limited extent, for which quarantine is planned after entry, or which do not permit unrestricted travel in an overall view.

Please inquire about the possible existence of travel warnings issued by the German Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/ReiseUndSicherheit/covid-19/2296762 in good time before starting your journey.

In addition, please continue to inform yourself regularly about current quarantine regulations and recommendations:
- in the Corona Entry Regulation VO: https://www.niedersachsen.de/Coronavirus/vorschriften-der-landesregierung-185856.html
- in the recommendations of the Robert Koch Institute: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Quarantaene_Einreisen_Deutschland

I have children who cannot be cared for due to corona. What should I do?

Employees, with minor children up to the age of 14 or dependents in care facilities, who, due to the Corona-related closure of kindergartens, crèches or schools, etc., or due to a reduction in the availability of care (e.g. alternating classes) require greater flexibility in the organization of their working hours, but can in principle perform the full scope of their activities and tasks from the home office, have the option of submitting an application for trust-based working hours to the Personnel Service via their supervisors and with the approval of their supervisors for the duration of the closure of the care facility and with the corresponding certification by the care facility (also by mail). This means that the focus is on the results-oriented completion of tasks. These employees are credited in full with the target working time per day in their working time accounts, even if this was not performed in one piece. Time recording in the electronic time recording system is not required in these cases.
Regardless of the requested trust-based working time, the regulations on flextime and vacation apply. This means that employees who wish to take a day(s) of flextime or vacation apply to their supervisor and to Human Resources as usual using the appropriate application form in the case of recreational leave. In any case, the Personnel Service and the Time Officers must be informed in order to manage the working time account accordingly on these days.

Employees who have to care for minor children up to the age of 14 and who, due to their personal situation, cannot perform their work to the contractually agreed extent even in the home office, can take advantage of a counseling service offered by the Personnel Service in order to find an individual solution. The Staff Council and the Family Service are also available for consultation. Possible options in this case include, for example, a reduction in overtime, recourse to recreational leave entitlements, use of special leave with continued payment of pay/remuneration (3 days), use of special leave with loss of pay for more than 3 days, or a temporary reduction in working hours.

In addition, in the event of illness of the child, the collective bargaining and statutory provisions apply as before.

I care for relatives who belong to a so-called high-risk group. What options do I have to flexibly structure my working hours?

Especially if you are responsible for the care of close relatives who belong to a so-called high-risk group (chronically ill persons, persons with a weakened immune system, patients undergoing chemotherapy, etc.), we recommend that you consult the attending physicians of the person you are caring for. On the basis of appropriate medical recommendations, the service will be happy to assist in the development and agreement of temporary solutions that take into account your particular home situation and the special health interests of your relatives from a so-called high-risk group. Please refer to the "Service Agreement on Care" (available at www.leuphana.de/intranet/leitlinien-fuer-den-arbeitsplatz/dienstvereinbarungen) for corresponding previous regulations. Please contact your contact person in the Personnel Service or Professorship Service for advice.

I belong to a risk group. What do I have to do now?

All employees who belong to a risk group defined by the RKI on the basis of a corresponding medical certificate (www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogruppen) and who are particularly at risk of possible infection with the coronavirus have the priority option of working in a home office in consultation with their supervisor.

There is no obligation for the university as an employer to inquire about employees' illnesses. However, if the employer becomes aware that the employee falls into a risk group, they must reduce the hazards by technical or operational measures. The company doctor gives advice on this on the basis of the medical findings and the working conditions.


What are the guidelines regarding office use on campus?

Please work in a single office whenever possible to reduce infection risks. If you are unable to work in a single office, please contact your supervisors and Occupational Safety (arbeitssicherheit@leuphana.de) to determine under what circumstances you can resume sharing your office while adhering to the spacing and hygiene regulations of the Hygiene Policy.

If you cannot work in shared offices because your office is too small for shared use with other colleagues after consultation with the Occupational Safety department and if options for maintaining the distance or substitute measures such as mouth-nose protection cannot be used, please clarify with your superiors whether working in presence alternating with home office is possible and, if necessary, jointly develop deployment plans so that you can use your office alternating as a single office.

Are interviews allowed to be conducted in person?

Job interviews and selection interviews may again be conducted in presence. The prerequisite is that all participants, i.e. also guests of Leuphana, can prove a 3G status.

Which rooms will be equipped with video technology for hybrid teaching? Can these rooms also be used by employees for team meetings, for example?

Leuphana will equip all seminar rooms with hybrid meeting technology. These rooms will be marked as such accordingly. The rooms can be booked regularly via MyStudy. It is also noted there which rooms have corresponding meeting technology.

Please note: The rooms will be furnished or marked by the building management according to the specifications regarding the minimum distance. The arrangement of the furniture may not be changed.


What availability applies in the home office?

If, due to your individual situation, you should continue to work (partially) in a home office, please ensure that you can be reliably reached by mail and telephone during your working hours, if necessary also by switching your official telephone in the office.

University management asks that all employees who have a work laptop always take it home with them. This includes weekends and when taking a leave of absence. No work is scheduled during the weekend or vacation. However, this is to ensure that in the event of a possible quarantine, work can be done from home and thus the functionality of Leuphana University Lüneburg can be guaranteed. The same applies to existing headsets and cell phones.

What technical requirements do I need to work in the home office?

A VPN connection allows your computer encrypted, tap-proof access to Leuphana's university network. Your computer only needs to have Internet access at home. With the help of a VPN tunnel, university members can access resources (e.g. terminal servers, file servers, e-books, e-journals, etc.) from anywhere that would otherwise only be available within the campus network. More information can be found here:

VPN info
VPN Login
VPN support
You can also contact the IT Service by e-mail (it-service@leuphana.de).

What do I do if I do not have a service laptop? Can I still work in the home office?

People who have previously worked under Windows with domain logon can use any hardware in the home office to access a familiar business working environment via a terminal server. This hardware can also be their private PC. The terminal server provides a desktop that contains essential user-specific resources such as the personal e-mail box in Thunderbird, the personal home drive and bookmarks/favorites. You have access to standard applications such as Microsoft Office or Internet browsers. Special terminal servers have been set up for some areas or departments, which also allow access to department-specific applications such as HIS SOS / HIS POS or others. The use of a terminal server requires the local installation of the Microsoft Remote Desktop program, a Leuphana account and a VPN connection.

Please note that the terminal server cannot be used to conduct video conferences.

The remote desktop client and the required RDP configuration are delivered specifically to the respective departments. Coordination is done via the respective department heads, deaneries or institute heads with the MIZ.

If you have any questions regarding the terminal server, please contact the IT-Service (it-service@leuphana.de).

Users who work with an Apple desktop computer can access their work device in the home office with private hardware via screen sharing. Since this procedure has special security requirements, please be sure to contact the IT Service, which will advise you on how to implement it: it-service@leuphana.de.

What technical options does Leuphana provide for virtual (collaborative) work?

As an important tool for home office work, Leuphana uses the video conferencing solution ZOOM. ZOOM enables high-quality video and telephone conferences with up to 300 participants. Users can set up individual meetings via ZOOM or use a permanent personal conference room.

To ensure that your personal data is protected in the best possible way, we have configured ZOOM in all functional areas so that only a minimum of data is transferred and stored. All default settings are chosen to allow users the best possible control over the disclosure of data. An overview of Zoom's configurations at Leuphana for data minimization can be found here.

All employees who would like to use their own conference room should contact the AVM service at avm-service@leuphana.de with a request to set up a ZOOM account.

Handouts for installing Zoom can be found here. Instructions on how to use ZOOM can be found on the MIZ instruction wiki (https://anleitungen.leuphana.de, accessible via VPN). Extensive support information can also be found in ZOOM's Help Center: https://support.zoom.us/hc/de.

Essential for the use of ZOOM is a correspondingly powerful internet connection with a bandwidth of approx. 600 kb/s for video conferences or approx. 80 kb/s for audio conferences. The other system requirements for using ZOOM can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/de/articles/201362023-Systemanforderungen-f%C3%BCr-PC-Mac-und-Linux.

For job interviews, committee meetings and other data-sensitive appointments, please use the option in Zoom to create appointments with end-to-end encryption. To do this, log in to Zoom, go to Personal Settings - Meeting, select "Security", choose end-to-end encryption for the meeting, and save your changes. Support is available from MIZ by sending an email to digi-support@leuphana.de.

How can I set up a conference call?

A meeting/conference can always be connected by telephone via a German dial-in number and an access code, so that you can also use a conference room for telephone conferences. Please note that you have to start the meeting online first before the participants can join by phone.

If you have any technical questions or need support, please contact the AVM team at avm-service@leuphana.de. More info about the AVM service


Will the buildings on campus be open again? In particular, will Building 8 be open again when lectures start?

With the start of the launch week from Thursday, October 7, all buildings of the university will be open again regularly. Access is possible for all employees, teachers, students and visitors of the university if they have a 3G certificate. The only exceptions are service providers of the university (e.g. post office, construction companies, etc.), for whom the regulations of their own hygiene concept apply.

Will the cafeteria be open?

After the cafeteria was originally supposed to remain open in the winter semester in to-go mode, the Studentenwerk Nordostniedersachsen (Student Union of Northeast Lower Saxony), after intensive consultation with the university, has now informed us about their plans to open the cafeteria in the winter semester. According to the current status, the Mensa will not only offer a to-go menu during the start week between October 7 and 15, but will also open the dining hall; access to the dining hall will only be possible in 2G mode (vaccinated or recovered). Between October 18 and 22, only a to-go offering will be available due to the staffing situation in the Student Union. As of October 25, the Mensa will then reopen on a regular basis; use of the dining hall will also be possible again on a regular basis. You will need proof of 2G (vaccinated or recovered) to gain entry; entry with tests only will not be possible. In addition, food trucks will supplement the food offerings on campus through the end of the year.

Please click here for more information about the cafeteria.

Is the library open?

From Tuesday, 1 June 2021, the library will reopen to the public as a place to study and work.
There will be 100 individual workstations available in the reading room. An official, negative antigen test result for SARS-CoV2 virus is required for access.
Furthermore, media can be ordered via the e-mail address lieferdienste@leuphana.de, collection can be made in the foyer after a processing time of 5 working days. No antigen test is required to enter the foyer.
Access to electronic resources is also possible off campus for all university members via VPN client.
Further information on the current status can be found on the MIZ website by visiting the FAQ "Library closure".

Is the university sports / Studio 21 open?

The University Sports Centre currently offers a limited range of sports, fitness in Studio 21 is also possible. During the lecture-free period from 12 July 2021, extensive sporting activities will be possible again. You can find more information here.

How may the outdoor sports facilities be used?

Sporting activities with a maximum of five persons and two households are permitted on the sports facilities. Please note that maintaining distance reduces the risk of infection. If the statistical cumulative incidence in the district of Lüneburg exceeds the 100 mark, further restrictions will be imposed.